Lego d20 at Gottacon

VicLUG posts that are of general interest

Moderator: viclug

Kier
&nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp

Lego d20 at Gottacon

Post by Kier »

Hey! Kier here. I was the guy who ran a short but fun game of Lego adapted D&D at Gottacon on Sunday the 5th of Feb and would love to tell you all more about it. I have to put right here at the top though my thanks to Joseph and James for letting me borrow a few of those big green bases... I tell you, being able to play all studded rather than just on green paper was awesome, thank you. I also have to thank T.G. the dad who helped me wrangle the kids in his charge through what, for kids, must have been a pretty long, but fun, game. Extra big props to his daughter Steph, who at 5 was the youngest role-player at the con -- just 5! She made the minifig I had previously known as 'Lady Sapphire' into one of the buffest, dare I say it, manliest, halberd wielding head smashers my game has seen. One-Eyed Garth certainly didn't see it coming!

Lego d20 has been a passion project I have recently infected my resting FLL team at Arbutus with and the presentation at Gottacon while simple was the culmination of at least a months worth of weekly playtesting. The 'Grand Melee' which ran only 2 hours with 6 participants at Gottacon had, up until this week been running (with 16 participants all between 11-14, mind you) 2 hours a week for 6 weeks! I have chronicled some of our exploits and my experiences in my blog http://kierslegodnd.blogspot.com/

Now the Grand Melee is over and the cast is upgrading their characters to 'proper' D&D 3.0/3.5 characters (with some simplification) and they have taken over the management of a small fief on behalf of King Oleg (O-leg, O-leg, O-leg....) I am quickly running my small (by comparison) collection close to the bone in terms of bases and materiel. Here's where the pitch comes in:

I would like to acquire 10 large green base pieces. Enough trees and stuff to adequately (and temperately -- I have some palms, but in medieval Olegia? not too great) fill one or two, and some of those big ugly grey things so I can make a mineable hill. I have no idea what this would cost right now, but I am certain the pricetag part by part on bricklink will be over $100. I do have a few items I might sacrifice in trade (Gigamesh Spybotics kit?) to get this done, as money seems to be hard to come by when one has the time to put into such a project. If anyone is interested, please post so I can get back to you.

Thanks so much for doing what you do.

Kier

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

No matter what happens, you will have whatever you need for the next game session! I don't have an over abundance of plates but more than happy to lend mine out.

Steve
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by Steve »

Hi Kier,
Wish I could have met you at Gottacon, but our respective schedules just didn't jive. Your game sounds like it was a blast! Hope to catch up with you some other time.
Steve
Steve
My: Brickshelf - MOCPages - Flickr