LEGO Event/Show - March 22, 2008 - Surrey, BC

VicLUG posts that are of general interest

Moderator: viclug

wyndryder

LEGO Event/Show - March 22, 2008 - Surrey, BC

Post by wyndryder »

Hi guys,

Hope this is OK to post. I thought I'd post a quick note to let you know about a LEGO event coming up over here on the mainland next month.

A scale model car exhibit and contest event is happening on March 22, 2008 in Surrey. The event is called "Model Car Mecca", and is primarily about scale model cars, slot car racing, Hot Wheels, and other non-LEGO car hobbies. This in itself would be a great time, but ...

... this year, there will be a whole new LEGO dimension to the event!

It's an event for all ages, with kids building and racing LEGO cars, as well as competing in a building contest for prizes. If you have family or others that would be interested, please pass along the links and information about the event.

For you guys, however, there will be the opportunity to bring and display any auto-related MOCs and show them off to the public, and the other builders that will be there. It will give you guys a chance to meet a few more lower mainland builders, if you're into coming across for the day.

The LUGNuts guys will there. People like Paul H., Lino (Martins, from Seattle), and Nathan P. will all be bringing (or sending, in Nathan's case) lots of cool auto MOCs (see the MCM website below for sample pix), and I'll be bringing some cool stuff too.

If you're an adult builder, please bring along your car MOCs, or just bring your favourite LEGO car, Ferrari, Super Car, or whatever. The more, the merrier. We may do a few things there, at the event, just for us. I'm thinking of perhaps a draft, or some other activity. Perhaps a group build of something. If you've got any ideas, let me know.

Check the Model Car Mecca link for details on the time and location of the event, or email me for more.

Now get busy - you've all got a month to build!

Please pass this email on to anyone you think may be interested, and I hope to see you there!

All the details:

Model Car Mecca - LEGO Event

LEGO Building Challenge - Details

Model Car Mecca - Full Event Details

(PS Although I'm lending my "professional" help and whatnot to this event, I'm not getting paid anything. The LEGO portion is really more of an AFOL get-together opportunity than anything else. Just FYI)

Regards,

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

cool, thanks Robin for the headsup! we're planning a couple of trips to the mainland over the next few months and will check to see if there's any overlap. looks like good brick fun for sure :)