Lego boulder chases Indy

VicLUG posts that are of general interest

Moderator: viclug

Joseph

Lego boulder chases Indy

Post by Joseph »

this is a 5 million brick boulder chasing an 'Indy' down a San Fransisco hill. who are these people that made me audibally gasp

http://gizmodo.com/391587/5-million+pie ... s-into-car

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/05/26/le ... reate.html

typical, viral marketing. it was a styrofoam boulder covered in bricks ( maybe )

Steve
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by Steve »

its definitely styrofoam, i have seen photos of it taken by a bystander.

and even if it were solid throughout, there is still no way it could be "5 million" as they claim....
any of you who have the DK Ultimate LEGO book, take a look at the section about art and sculpture. compare the sizes of the sculptures and their part counts and you will soon see what i mean.
Steve
My: Brickshelf - MOCPages - Flickr

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Steve wrote:its definitely styrofoam, i have seen photos of it taken by a bystander.

and even if it were solid throughout, there is still no way it could be "5 million" as they claim....
I wasn't contesting the styrofoam, I was wondering if there were any bricks at all ;)

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

from boingboing comments:

It's viral from the Sausalito marketing group "Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners". The YouTube account holder google's to an "office food blog" which shows him in the background of BSSP. They have the LucasArts games account. They're located on Liberty Way which I've worked in the same building and recognized it from the photos. As soon as I revealed this on the YouTube comments section I got blocked and the posts were deleted. The initial "behind the scenes" photo on flickr was also taken down. It was CC so I mirrored it on Flickr and attributed the owner (as per CC guidelines). Of course - he had kittens over that. He claimed that Gizmodo violated Creative Commons and some such ********. Gizmodo also linked to the source so that's a stretch of an excuse. **** the phonies.

Steve
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by Steve »

Steve
My: Brickshelf - MOCPages - Flickr

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

did you see the tv clips I posted about a week ago?