Moderator: viclug

tedward
&nbsp
&nbsp

Please Don't Touch Daddy's LEGO

Post by tedward »

Found in the October 6th 2008 print edition of Maclean's Magazine (Canada):

Please Don't Touch Daddy's LEGO

The new 5,922-piece Taj Mahal model proves the classic kids' toy isn't just for kids anymore

PATRICIA TREBLE | September 24, 2008 |

In the 50th year of its ubiquitous plastic brick, it was fitting that Lego would release its largest model ever. Standing over 50 cm tall and comprised of 5,922 individual pieces, the minarets and domes of its Taj Mahal are astounding in their accuracy. But given its $400 price tag and the 50 hours of "advanced building techniques" it requires, Lego isn't marketing it to kids. Instead, the Taj Mahal is targeted at the increasing number of grown-up enthusiasts.

FULL ARTICLE

Peach James
&nbsp
&nbsp

Daddy's lego

Post by Peach James »

Well, apparently, Daniel has not been into my lego too much when I have been gone. He's still not old enough to let loose in the basement, there is way too much hot, paint, expensive, finger pinching, not child friendly down there for him to go play on his own...but he has the duplo collection upstairs. (and heaven help me if I bring Lego upstairs...Andrea doesn't think it cool if I try and take over the entire world with Lego :)

When I left, his favorite lego activity was removing wheels from vehicles. Hopefully, it soon will be building things.

James