post Gottacon

VicLUG posts that are of general interest

Moderator: viclug

Joseph

post Gottacon

Post by Joseph »

Thanks to everyone who helped make Gottacon such a huge success! Carson, Evan & Michael for putting the whole thing together, James ( ~40hrs ), Aaron ( bag build contest! ) & Rod ( transporting *everything* ) for putting in the hours on our side, Ryan & Tom for invaluable help during peak hours, Ted & Steve who couldn't make it but still donated invaluable brick assets to the cause, and everyone who helped play BrikWars, do the Build in the Bag contest and make incredible creations out of our public build!

We've been getting a lot of interest about BrikWars and whether we'll do more sessions. This is a most assured yes but it's a matter of figuring out when and where now. If you were one of the people who played BW with us and havn't already signed up at the forums you are welcome to do so under a guest account even if you don't want to join VicLUG proper. Our games subforum has been moved to the guest room area which you can see once you've logged in and you can keep abreast of whatever happens on that front.

In the next couple months we have BrickFest and the Cherrybomb Toy & Hobby show coming up which we'll be participating in both to some degree. We havn't established exactly what we're doing at Cherrybomb but we'll definitly be doing some BW game sessions as a group at sometime.

Thanks again to everyone who played the game, you really helped test it for us and iron out what was and wasn't working. It was great to see how many people really *got* it too, we had such absurd fun doing our mockumentary of a miniature game.

We'll be posting pictures soon of the carnage, the contest and start a new gallery of the best of public build because of the freaking amazing things people were making at Gottacon!

Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Sooo... any pictures yet?

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

*almost* ready to post that. I was on a site update spree right after the con for all the other loose ends that I've been meaning to get to for about 6 mo and then had the flue last week. I was doing some photo management today and should have the event pages up this week.

Aaron
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by Aaron »

Heres a couple links to my gottacon photosets.
Brikwars
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbla_membe ... 470545348/
Gottacon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbla_membe ... 532362292/
Enjoy!

Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Thanks!