Victoria's Ultimate
Hobby & Toy Fair!
Sunday, March 22nd, 2009
Pearkes Arena
3100 Tillicum Road
Victoria, BC

RetroRyan

Post by RetroRyan »

It is a Sunday, which is perfect for my schedule! It should be awesome!

Aaron
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by Aaron »

Me and Rod were talking about a cohesive display possibly moonbase. With as many awesome builders in our ranks as we have I think we could really wow them.

Echo
&nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp

Post by Echo »

Need the DArth Vader Tie fighter? Or will one of you guys be flying there in it? Hehehe

Robert

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

how about a classic castle module display. one of the things I'm working on right now would work with that, I'm flexible tho :D

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Echo wrote:Need the DArth Vader Tie fighter? Or will one of you guys be flying there in it? Hehehe

Robert
we try and make shows mostly our own mocs and only other models if to pad things out, and things like the green grocer or cafe corner seem to be the ones that trickle in mostly. Rod was thinking about bringing a Star Destroyer to Gottacon, so anything can happen :)

Rod
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by Rod »

I'll be setting up a sales table.

...and if it's the UCS Darth Vader Tie Fighter, I'll have some for sale.
"Lego is more important than knowledge."
-Einstein (age 10)

RetroRyan

Post by RetroRyan »

As for MOCs, I'll bring my "German Club", which has been refined to look a tad more spiffy.

J1A3L5
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by J1A3L5 »

I was considering taking apart my dark red moonbase but will leave it up if we do moonbase.

On the other hand, if we do a modular castle (which I think would be awesome!) I can make sections if I know what we need beforehand.

Would you all be interested in pre-planning a castle layout in enough detail to put together something of size? I could supply as many wall sections as we could fill.

-John.

Rod
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by Rod »

I like the idea of a modular castle.
"Lego is more important than knowledge."
-Einstein (age 10)

Echo
&nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp

Post by Echo »

Let me know how I can help.

Robert

Aaron
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by Aaron »

I'm down for a castle display I'm not sure if I got the brick to make a wall section but I'm sure I can come up with something "cough forestmens treefort cough".

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

J1A3L5 wrote:I was considering taking apart my dark red moonbase but will leave it up if we do moonbase.

On the other hand, if we do a modular castle (which I think would be awesome!) I can make sections if I know what we need beforehand.

Would you all be interested in pre-planning a castle layout in enough detail to put together something of size? I could supply as many wall sections as we could fill.

-John.
what I have planned is a long term castle of sorts that is compatible with the modular castle, so should have quite a bit of it ready for the show if we go in that direction. I don't know the best way to go about this scope of project so will defer that to you to decide what route is best :)

Echo
&nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp

Post by Echo »

Castle or Moonbase?

I don't have a lot of elements. Nor do I have the skills which I have seen you guys demonstrate, but I have some stuff I can contribute. I can put together an outpost build on a rock outcropping with secret door. (Love those.) I have a big garrison for it and am willing to buy more LEGO to move in the direction of the group. I could also build a few houses for the peons/serf/peasants/downtrodden/taxpayers. Just need some clear direction, that's all.

Robert

Aaron
&nbsp
&nbsp

Post by Aaron »

I've spoken with B about the show and there is a possibility we can have a considerable amount of space for display. I'll go into the gory details at the next meeting.