Basic Building Toys: Mar 14

VicLUG posts that are of general interest

Moderator: viclug

Joseph

Basic Building Toys: Mar 14

Post by Joseph »

On Sat. Mar 14th, Juan De Fuca Recreation Centre and VicLUG are working to bring another session of Building Block Toys, a course for ages 8-12 that focuses on basic bricks and techniques. Cost is $32 per child and the kids take home the brick bucket at the end of the workshop, hopefully with a lot of new ideas and skills as well!

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

yes, I plajeurized myself here but if it's working then why mess with a good thing. this is most likely the set that will be used:

[img:560:380]http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/6161-1.jpg[/img]

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6161-1

Echo
&nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp

Post by Echo »

We saw your display at the JDF. Echo said it was "The best skull ever I saw."

He will be in attendance.

Robert

Echo
&nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp

Post by Echo »

No he won't. It's already full.

Must act sooner next time.

Robert

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

thanks! though I've come across other skulls that I think are much more refined, I will take 'best Cyclops skull' ever ;)

I'll try and work something out with jdf today, get back to you via pm.

Echo
&nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp

Post by Echo »

Joseph,

could you put the scheduled Building Block seminars on the calendar?

Thanks

Robert

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

the workshop was a hit today, I had a blast and pretty sure the kids had a great time too :) it was a full house and a few kids managed to use every single brick. they really took off with the concept models and even gave me some ideas for new ones!

a couple of the kids who just wanted to build the models from the kit's instruction books eventually warmed up and started tacking on additions to their houses and got right into the zone which was good to see.

JDF made the event that more fun for the kids by making cool name tags up with lil brick graphics on them. I'm looking forward to the next one and will get all of the upcoming dates posted on the site toot sweet.

good to see you today Robert! and see you at the Cherrybomb show!

Echo
&nbsp &nbsp
&nbsp &nbsp

Post by Echo »

Thanks Joseph for making that work. HOw many times have you answered the same questions? I think I herad the same questions three times.

Be at the Cherrybomb and 4 april

Robert

Joseph

Post by Joseph »

you got me thinking about all the repeat questions I was answering and maybe making a faq sheet that I hand out to the parents at the beginning of the course would be a good idea so they have a better idea of what VicLUG is and resources for their kids online. It's not that I don't mind talking to the parents but I was just talking to the chatty ones and sure the other parents were curious as well.